Google has updated the way businesses can fix their profiles if they get blocked or turned off. This new method, first starting in Europe, will soon be available worldwide, including in the U.S.
- Google will now explain better why a profile was blocked.
- You have to use a new tool to ask for your profile to be unblocked.
- Be ready to quickly provide proof (like business papers) within an hour after asking for unblocking.
- In the U.S., you get only one chance to ask.
- You can check the status of your request online.
How to Get Unblocked
Google will send you an email telling you your profile is blocked. Didn’t receive? Maybe you’re not blocked. Did receive? Proceed with the following steps.
Simple Steps to Unblocking Your Profile
- Go to the Google Business Profile appeals tool.
- Make sure you’re logged in with the right Google Account.
- Choose the profile you need to fix.
- Look at the reasons why it was blocked and what Google says to do.
- Ask Google to unblock your profile and be ready to upload your business proof quickly.
- Confirm your request and add more information if needed.
- Wait for Google’s decision.
What You Need as Proof
- Things like business registration, license, tax papers, and bills. Get them ready.
If Google Says No
- You might get another chance to ask, but the details are not clear yet.
- It’s really important to get this right. If you’re not sure, ask an expert for help. Your business depends on it.